Monday, May 16, 2011

Big Shot Pro, Westminister Quilters Edition




So I have been wanting to get back into quilting for awhile now. I originally stopped because my cutting skills sucked with a rotary cutter, my points never lined up so I wasn't happy with my results. Friends and family loved the quilts but I wasn't satisfied.
Then, my friend Leigh introduced me to her new toy, an Accuquilt GO fabric cutter. It is a cutter that you layer your fabric on top of your die of choice and crank it through the machine like you would a cuttle bug. When the die comes out the other end, you have perfectly cut shapes, everytime!
Now I liked her machine but wanted one bigger so I could do 10 inch squares and circles if I choose to. So I was introduced to a wonderful woman by the name of Nulagh. She is the owner of the online quilt store called Stitch in the Ditch. She is who Leigh bought her machine from. Nulagh asked me what I wanted from my machine and where it would live, ect. Basically, she walked me through what I would need to make the decision for the right machine for ME!
The Big Shot Pro, Westminster Quilters Edition from Sizzix now calls my basement home. This machine is AMAZING! I have cut 10 layers of cotton quilting fabric in one pass. Imagine this, I have a die with four-5 " squares in a row. That is 40- 5" squares in one pass! i also purchased the 2.5" strip die and the 2.5" rectangle die. I have used all 3 of them in the quilt top pictured. This has made getting back into quilting a dream. I can't thank Leigh and Nulagh enough for their help and guidance. Please check out http://www.stitchintheditch.com
She carries many different machines for all types of needs as well as a huge assortment of dies! you will NOT be dissapointed!
Happy scrappin!
Jos
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Stitch-in-the-Ditch-Sharing-and-Learning-Page/171989076144645

No comments:

Post a Comment